Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This web-site, www.street-uk.com (“our site”) is operated by Street UK company number 3832332 and registered office address Neville House, 14 Waterloo Street, Birmingham, B2 5TX, United Kingdom.
Changes to our site
When you visit www.street-uk.com we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is collected for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
Reliance on information posted
Any materials on our site are not intended to and, shall not amount to, advice upon which reliance should be placed. Accordingly we disclaim any responsibility and all liability in the event reliance is placed on any material on our site. If you require advice on material referenced on our site, you should seek independent advice.
To register with us you must be 18-years of age or older. Minors are strictly forbidden from using the service. Street UK will make reasonable precautions against persons under the age of 18 accessing the loan service.
Intellectual property rights
All copyright, database right and/or similar rights in all material presented by on our site (including graphical images, text, video clips, reprographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files) are owned, controlled and/or licensed by us, and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other proprietary rights.
You have limited permission to print or download extracts from our site for your personal, non-commercial and non-profit use only and you shall not be entitled to commercialise any such material in any way.
Nothing on our site or your use of the site shall be construed as conferring any licence or other rights under intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Street UK, its affiliates or any third party.
Our status (and that of any contributors to our site identified as the authors of material on our site) must always be acknowledged.
Our site is provided to you on an “as is” basis and on an “as available” basis. We hereby exclude, to the extent permissible by law, any expressed or implied guarantees, conditions and/or warranties, as to its performance, fitness, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose of the site or its contents, its accuracy or quality.
To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude; all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (ii) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it; (iii) any liability for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable; and (iv) any liability for any loss or damage caused by a virus or similar harmful technology or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or a denial-of-service attack (each, a “Virus”) that may impact or affect your computer equipment, computer programs or data due to your access to or use of (including, without limitation, downloading from) our site.
The above does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
Further, the above does not exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information collected directly from you through your online application, or information you provide when you contact our customer services department;
- your telephone communications with us and our customer services department which may be monitored and recorded;
information about your transactions including loan balances;
information from outside sources such as credit reference agencies and customer service providers regarding credit worthiness and credit history;
- information that is collected when you use the Website that may be used by us to identify you and validate your use of the Website for fraud prevention purposes;
- information about your computer including, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and is not in individually identifiable form;
automatic information obtained by using “cookies” when your browser accesses our Website and when you log-in. If enabled, cookies may store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of the pages of this Website. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. When you visit this site again, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. These cookies do not track individual user information, and all our cookie data is encrypted and cannot be read by other websites. It is possible to ‘turn off’ the cookies in your browser and this will not affect the functionality of the Website. (are we using this?)
How we store and process your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards and we are constantly monitoring internet developments to ensure our systems evolve as required. We also test our systems regularly to make sure our security mechanisms are up to date.
Finally, we are subject to UK data protection laws, which we comply with fully.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Street UK, Neville House 14, Waterloo Street Birmingham, B2 5TX, our registration number is: Z4788287
How we use your personal data
The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may be used for a number of purposes:
- in the normal course of our business such as verifying your identity and credit standing
- in order to process loan transactions and update your account records
- to assess your credit history and confirm your employment details
- to make lending decisions
- to contact third parties, such as your employer, who you have nominated to verify information about yourself
- for conducting statistical analysis and to develop and improve our products, to assess lending risks
- to identify you when you contact us or visit our Website
- to contact you in connection with your enquiry
- to update our website to better meet our clients’ needs in the future.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of the Website, to carry out regulatory checks and for market research
- to notify you about changes to our service
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your information in the event;
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and/or we suspect fraud, we may record this on your credit history and may also pass information to appropriate law enforcement or regulatory authorities and/or to any Fraud Prevention Agency (FPA).
Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Protection
We may also disclose your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs), along with the details of your agreement, payments made and any default or failure to maintain the terms of the agreement.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies, Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
Linking to our site
We welcome linking to the homepage of www.street-uk.com but written permission for using our name, logo and linking to street-uk.com is required. Linking to any other page is not permitted.
No deep linking or framing to will be permitted without prior agreement. Linking to our site is subject to you doing so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and in a way that does not in any way suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties (“Third Party Material”), these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Third Party Material is protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property rights (see above). We accept no liability for any infringement by users of intellectual property rights owned by third parties.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information as described above, please contact us at Street UK, Neville House 14 Waterloo Street Birmingham B2 5TX or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our customer care team on 0330 024 9803.